Sunday 18 September 2016

Is Karma Really A Bitch?

Endless Knot symbolizing Karmic Cycle
My best-friend calls Karma an 'enigmatic bitch'.

I don't thing she's the only one. It's quite a trend these days. 

Is Karma really a bitch or is it just a victim of bad PR?

(Before you read further if you want to take a moment to revise what Karma is Click Here for Yogic Definition of Karma

Coming back to the bitchiness of Karma; let me share something from my childhood;

I once read Melanippe of Euripides from Greek Mythology, and it had a fragment that said:
“Dream you that man’s misdeeds fly up to Heaven
And, then some hand inscribes the record of them 
Upon God’s tablet; and God, reading them,
Deals the world justice? Nay, the vault of Heaven
Could not find room to write the crimes of earth,
Nor God himself avail to punish them:
Justice is here on earth, had ye but eyes.”

This verse stuck with me, because it offered the simplest explanation on how law of Karma functions- 

Karma is not external to the individual. The judge isn’t without but within

This means that Karma isn't a single entity who can be bitchy & vindictive, but it's a system. A system, which is already hacked in our favor:

Whatever is happening in my life is a product of my Karma/action-> So I am the one who controls my life because-> I can control my Karma & hence its consequences!

Isn’t it absolutely awesome & empowering?

That's why I don't think Karma is a bitch, because:


 Law of Karma gives me hope: For if I am what I have made myself, I may make myself what I will. I am the creator of my experiences, so I have the power to create the experiences that I desire.

If I do something wrong (in this birth or past) it’s not like I am doomed till eternity, there’s a way I can redeem myself.

This Endless Knot of Samsara has an end-point & it's a happy ending :)

No comments:

Post a Comment